Thursday 30 December 2010

Cartoon Modern.

Well I am back. I have decided to start again from scratch with my film-kept the same script (maybe with one or two minor adjustments)-because I needed a fresh start on this. I've been looking again at 1950s styles as a template for my layouts. Originally I looked at Animation Background styles of Goofy and Donald Duck. I wanted to undertake a background style that was similar to these two cartoon characters. But I got advised against this. So I kept researching, wanted to go for something simpler, and stumbled across this book called Cartoon Modern. This book looks at the style and design in 1950s animation. I found some really nice, simple backgrounds in this book..... The pictures shown below are type of background animation style that I will be using as an influence for my layouts and final aesthetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment